Skip to content

Search the Principality Site


Think you’ve lost a savings account? We can help.

You are here: 

> > Lost Savings

Think you’ve lost a savings account? We may be able to help

If you think you may have lost touch with your Principality savings account, or with one of the following Building Societies which have merged with Principality over the years, we might be able to help.

We also might be able to help you trace another person’s lost account – if you are legally entitled to do this.

Building Societies who have merged with Principality

Building Society Year of Merger
Bridgend Building Society 1959
Urban Building Society 1962
Maesteg Permanent Benefit Society 1968
Aberavon Mutual Permanent Society 1974
Swansea & Carmarthen Building Society 1974
Llanelli Permanent Building Society 1977
District Building Society 1978
Gorseinon Building Society 1979
Chatham Building Society 1985

Tracing your account

To trace an account, you need to complete some details. You can do this online through – a free service offered by the British Bankers’ Association, the Building Societies Association and National Savings and Investments. The online service allows you to trace bank, building society and National Savings & Investments accounts by completing just one form.

Alternatively, you can download an information leaflet and the application forms:

If you are searching for a lost Principality account, you can either return your building society account trace form to the Building Societies Association Lost Account Scheme or to save you time, directly to us at:

Member Services – Lost Savings
Principality Building Society
PO Box 89
Queen Street
CF10 1UA


To help us maintain our service and security standards, telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Your personal details may be used by Principality Building Society to contact you about your application.

Principality Building Society is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, reference number 155998.