New Build Key Criteria
New Build Information
We’re committed to supporting the New Build market and helping your clients buy their New Build home. In response to feedback from our broker partners we’ve made some improvements to our lending criteria to help your New Build business.
Definition of a New Build
We define a New Build as a property not yet constructed, purchased off-plan or in the course of construction or newly constructed where the property has not previously been occupied.
Changes to our criteria
- We now lend up to 90% LTV on New Build residential properties in England and Wales
- We now lend up to 75% on Buy to Let New Build flats or houses in England and Wales
- Offers valid for 6 months
- Valuation instructed immediately
- Help to Buy Wales available up to 75% LTV on selected products in the range
- Builders incentives such as payments of stamp duty and / or a contribution towards legal costs are acceptable provided they are fully disclosed, taken into account by the surveyor and informed by UK Finance (formerly CML) disclosures form.
We accept the following New Build guarantee schemes:
- Building Life Plans
- LABC New Home Warranty
- Castle 10
- Zurich Municipal
- HAPM (Housing Association Property Mutual)
- Premier Guarantee
- Build-Zone structural warranty
- Architects certificates are acceptable subject to valuation and a maximum LTV of 75%
For full list of acceptable New Build warranty providers please refer to the CML lenders handbook
View our Lending Criteria here
New Build Guide View information from our key criteria to our case packing checklist in our handy guide.
Buy to Let Information
- Please note we don’t currently offer an AIP facility for Buy-to-Let’s, please proceed straight to a full application.
- Principality Brokerpoint is for the use of Principality registered Intermediaries only and is not intended for public or customer use. If you've come to our Intermediaries website by accident, you can click here to find your way to www.principality.co.uk, our main website.
Useful Telephone Numbers
|Intermediary Support Desk||0330 333 4021|
|New Business Enquiries||0330 333 4021|
|Case Updates||0330 333 4029|
|Brokerpoint Registrations||0330 333 4029|
|Opening Times||Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm|