Contact our Corporate Affairs team for media, PR, spokespeople and sponsorship enquiries. To find out about the latest news from Principality Building Society please visit our Latest section.
Media or PR enquiries
Please contact the Corporate Affairs Team on:
029 2077 3812
029 2077 3770
Or write to:
Principality Building Society
PO Box 89
Please note that our Corporate Affairs team do not have access to customer account information so cannot help with customer enquiries.
Please call 0330 333 4000 (local rate) if you have a customer enquiry or try our frequently asked questions.
Graeme Yorston - Group Chief Executive
Graeme joined the Society as Chief Operating Officer on 3 July 2006. He was appointed as a director on 19 October 2007 and became Group Chief Executive on 1 October 2012. He is Chairman of Nemo Personal Finance Limited. He is a director of all the Society’s subsidiary undertakings which have not carried on business throughout the year.
He is Chairman of the Group Management Committee, and a member of the Asset and Liability, Group Risk and the Property Committee.
Peter Hughes - Managing Director of Principality Commercial
Peter joined Principality in 2002, as Head of Commercial Lending.
Before joining Principality, Peter held a number of senior positions at National Westminster Bank plc.
His interest in the Welsh housing market led to him joining the Social Housing Panel in March 2008. In 2009, Peter was appointed Chairman of the Council of Mortgage Lenders for Wales.
Peter was born in North Wales.
Notes to Editors
- Formed in 1860, Principality is Wales' largest building society.
- Principality is committed to supporting the communities of Wales.
- With more branches in Wales than any other building society, Principality is the 6th largest building society in the UK.
- Principality has assets of £7.4 billion.
- Principality is committed to remaining a mutual organisation.
- The Society continues to reinforce this intention by providing competitive investment and mortgage products for existing and future Members alike.
- Late in 2004, Principality acquired Loan Link Limited and formed a new subsidiary, Nemo Personal Finance Limited.
A short history
Founded in Cardiff in 1860, Principality Building Society now has over 70 branches and agencies throughout Wales and the Borders and over 500,000 Members. Over the past 12 years the Society has also delivered tailored Commercial Property funding solutions, through Principality Commercial, which offers investment and development funding. The Society also acquired Loan Link Limited and formed a new subsidiary – Nemo Personal Finance Limited in 2004.
Principality offers a full range of mortgage services (residential and commercial), savings products and financial advisory services. The Society's future lies in its commitment to helping its Members through providing quality service and competitive products and through maintaining Principality's position as one of the largest mutual providers of financial services in Wales.