Women in finance
In July, we were delighted to announce that we signed the Women in Finance Charter. The Women in Finance Charter is so important and integral to our ways of working that it only seemed right to make the CEO the accountable executive.
We see this as a positive step in continuing to achieve a balanced workforce and believe that by making diversity a business issue it will bring a new level of focus to drive change. A diverse workforce will not only enhance our service to our customers but also create the right culture to enable all colleagues to reach their full potential. One of our core values at the Principality is “Doing the right thing”, and part of that means challenging the things that need to change, both internally and externally. We continue to take positive steps to ensure that women are representing our business at all levels, from clear succession plans for more senior roles to promoting careers in financial services to the next generation of talent.
What are we currently doing?
We have built this into our existing People programme with clear goals set, alongside an action plan, which will help us report progress annually.
- Getting the right people, into the right roles, at the right time.
- Strong plans with robust development programs for colleagues and management supported by management skills and leadership pathways programmes to ensure our talent pipeline is resilient with no elements of unconscious bias.
Development and Mentoring programmes
- Programmes with mentors both within the business and externally to provide experienced guidance to help colleagues. Career development programmes targeted for women provided by a Welsh charity, Chwarae Teg, whose focus is to help women achieve and prosper.
Flexible Working Arrangement
- We offer opportunities to apply for a range of flexible working arrangements to ensure we can support colleagues fully.
Representation at all levels
- We are very proud of our Women in Finance and were pleased to announce the appointment to the board of Julie-Ann Haines, Customer Director.
We are aiming for a third of our senior leadership team to be female by 2021. We currently are at 23% and are confident that with our People programme action plans and the focus that the Women in Finance Charter gives, we will meet the 33% target that we have set.
- 6th largest UK building society
- A mutual building society, owned by and run for the benefit of our 500,000 members
- Over 150 years' experience
- Taking care of over £8 billion of our customers' assets
- Members can access a Member Rewards page featuring competitions, discounts and more.