3 April 2015
February Local Sponsorship Update
We received a lot of requests for help over the last month, here is a highlight of the projects we were able to help.
Cardiff City FC Community Foundation will be holding a 20 week wellbeing course for young people referred from community support organisations. The course will include football training, stadium tours, match day experiences and other football themes activities.
We are also supporting two mental health related projects; Designs in Mind and Papillon. Designs in Mind is an innovative community interest company which provides art and design workshops for people with mental health problems in Oswestry. Papillon also provides arts workshops in Abergavenny. Principality is supporting mental health in 2015 through our Charity of the Year, Mind Cymru.
Community Sport and Dance
- Aberdare Town Football Club have received new equipment for the newly established junior section.
- We have provided help for the young rugby players at Gwernyfed RFC celebrating its 50th anniversary.
- The hockey stars at Croesyceiliog School near Cwmbran were given support for their upcoming tournament.
- Y Fenni Gymnastics are looking to attract lots of new members with their new equipment.
- The young performers at Rubicon Dance, who perform in hospitals, schools and community venues have had help towards an upcoming performance.
Kit of the month
Our first winners of the new Kit of the Month competition are Ynystawe Cricket Club. Their junior team will be getting a new set of ‘whites’ ready for the upcoming cricket season. We will be following their progress closely throughout the year.
If you have a community project that you’d like us to get involved with, then please let us know by completing our online form. We’d love to help if we can.