Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the one hundred and sixty-first Annual General Meeting of the members of Principality Building Society will be held at 11.00am on Friday 23rd April 2021 at StudiO, Unit 3 TB Davies Estate, Lewis Road, Cardiff CF24 5EB for the purposes set out below.
However, as a result of the coronavirus, we don’t expect to be able to allow Members (other than the minimum number of directors and colleagues who are Members that are required to form a quorum) to be there in person this year. Please see your AGM voting pack for information on how to watch the AGM online and ask questions.
1) To receive the Auditors’ Report.
2) To receive the Annual Report and Accounts.
3) To re-appoint Deloitte LLP as auditors.
4) To approve the Report on Directors’ Remuneration as set out in the Annual Accounts.
5) To consider and if thought fit pass a Special Resolution to amend the Rules of the Society in the manner specified in the document produced to the Meeting and initialled by the Chairman for the purposes of identification.
Election of Directors:
a) To re-elect Nigel Charles Annett
b) To re-elect Thomas Denman
c) To re-elect Debra Elizabeth Evans-Williams
d) To re-elect Claire Andree Hafner
e) To re-elect Julie-Ann Haines
f) To re-elect Derek Anthony Howell
g) To re-elect Robert Michael Jones
h) To re-elect Sally Jones-Evans
i) To re-elect Iain Alexander Mansfield
j) To re-elect David James Rigney
By Order of the Board
23rd February 2021
Please read the notes opposite.
1) These Notes form part of the Notice of Meeting.
2) Under the Society’s Rules, a member entitled to attend the Meeting and vote may appoint one proxy to attend and vote on his or her behalf. You may appoint the Chairman of the Meeting or anyone else as your proxy, and your proxy does not have to be a member of the Society. Your proxy may vote for you at the Meeting but only on a poll. Your proxy may not speak on your behalf at the Meeting except to demand or to join in demanding a poll. Due to the coronavirus we do not expect to allow Members or their proxies to attend the meeting in person. Members are encouraged to appoint the Chairman of the meeting as their proxy.
3) You may instruct your proxy how to vote at the Meeting. Please read the instructions on the proxy voting form.
4) The voting date is the date of the Meeting, 23rd April 2021, if voting in person and 19th April 2021 if voting by proxy.
5) In order to attend and vote at the Meeting, or appoint a proxy, you must qualify as either a Shareholding Member or a Borrowing Member.
a) To qualify as a Shareholding Member, you must –
i) if you are an individual, be at least 18 years old on 23rd April 2021, and
ii) have held shares* to the value of not less than £100 in the Society on 31st December 2020, and
iii) not have ceased to hold a share* or shares* in the Society at any time between 31st December 2020 and the voting date, and
iv) hold a share* or shares* in the Society on the voting date.
b) Where the shares* are held jointly by two or more persons, only the first named in the records of the Society in respect of those shares* can have any voting rights.
a) To qualify as a Borrowing Member, you must –
i) be at least 18 years old on 23rd April 2021, and
ii) have owed the Society not less than £100 in respect of a mortgage debt on 31st December 2020, and
iii) owe the Society not less than £100 in respect of a mortgage debt on the voting date.
b) Where a mortgage debt is owed jointly by two or more persons, only the first named in the records of the Society in respect of that mortgage can have any voting rights.
6) In addition, you can vote only once as a Member, irrespective of –
a) the number of accounts you hold and whether you hold accounts in different capacities (for example, on your own behalf and as a trustee), and
b) whether you qualify to vote as both a Shareholding Member and a Borrowing Member.
(* A reference to ‘share’ or ‘shares’ is a reference to a share savings account or share savings accounts with the Society.)
Copies of the Directors’ Report, Annual Accounts and Annual Business Statement may be obtained from any of the Society’s branch offices and downloaded on our website from 9th April 2021.
Registration at the Annual General Meeting will commence from 10.00 am at StudiO, Unit 3 TB Davies Estate, Lewis Road, Cardiff CF24 5EB.