NHS Thank You Online Saver
Our NHS Thank You Online Saver regular savings account has been designed to acknowledge the crucial role played by NHS workers and to thank them for their ongoing support within our communities.
|Cyfraddau llog||Balans||Gros* bob blwyddyn||AER†|
|Variable||£1 - £20,000||2.00%||2.00%|
- Open online.
- You must be employed directly by the NHS to open this account.
- Pay in up to £250 per month, in one or more payments
- You don't have to pay money in every month
- Once you have saved £20,000 you can't put any more money in
- Interest is calculated on the money in the account each day and paid each year on 1 January
- You can take money out three times every calendar year
- You can close the account, but closure counts as a withdrawal
- We can stop accepting applications at any time. This account is only available to NHS employees
- Summary box
- Calculate your savings
- Help & guidance
|What is the interest rate?||2.00% Gross* each year/AER† (Variable)
(See the meanings of ‘Gross’ and ‘AER’ at the bottom of this page).
Interest is calculated each day on the money in the account and paid on 1st January every year.
|Can Principality change the interest rate?||
|What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £3,000 deposit?||£3,032.50
This is based on paying in £250 a month for 12 months, making the first payment on the date the account was opened, no money being taken out of the account and no change to the interest rate.
|How do I open and manage my account?||
|Can I withdraw money?||
- The results displayed were dependent on the information you provided and are for illustrative purposes only and are by no means an indication of being suitable for your individual circumstances.
- The calculations assume interest is paid gross* of income tax on the entire balance on an annual basis
- It has been assumed that no withdrawals or additional deposits would be made from the account during the saving duration, and that the interest rate also remains the same during this time (note that interest rates on variable rate savings account are subject to change, and when fixed rate deals end, there is no guarantee that the same rate will be available in the future).
Before you apply, please read the NHS Thank You Online Saver Account Terms & Conditions
- NHS Thank You Online Saver Account Terms and Product Summary Information
- Savings Terms and Conditions
Please also read the following:
- Basic information about the protection of your eligible deposits
- Electronic Verification Guide
- Tariff of Charges
- Your Information
^ Tax-free means UK Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax is not deducted from the interest you earn. This depends on your individual circumstances, and may change in future.
* Gross interest is the rate of interest before income tax is deducted at the rate set by law.
† AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest were paid once each year on the whole balance, including previous interest payments.
Putting money into your savings account Once you've opened your savings account, for most accounts you should pay money in within 5 business days. Click here for information on how you can do that.
Pam y Principality?
- 6ed cymdeithas adeiladu fwyaf y DU
- Cymdeithas adeiladu gydfuddiannol, sy’n eiddo i’n 500,000 o aelodau ac yn cael ei rhedeg er eu lles
- Dros 160 mlynedd o brofiad
- Gofalu am werth dros £10 biliwn o asedau ein cwsmeriaid
- Gall Aelodau fynd at dudalen Gwobrau Aelodau sy’n cynnwys cystadlaethau, gostyngiadau a mwy.
We are covered by the FSCS
Find out more about what it means for you.