Coronavirus Service Updates
Page last updated: 12:30pm 13/05/2020
Current branch and contact centre opening times
As the impact of coronavirus continues to be felt across the UK, the ongoing support and safety of our Members and Colleagues is our priority. This means we’ve made some updates to our opening hours:
To support our Members, we will remain open Monday – Friday between 9.30am – 1.30pm
We are working hard to support our Members through coronavirus by maintaining branch access for essential activities only, balancing the needs of our Members with the safety and welfare of our branch colleagues.The Government has been clear that the single most important action we can all take is to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives. We, therefore, kindly ask Members to only visit our branches where absolutely necessary, such as for:
- Cash withdrawals for food, bills and rent
- Registering a bereavement
- Paying in cheques needed to fund essential transactions
Recommended precautions, such as social distancing, to minimise the spread of coronavirus have been introduced in branches and we ask that customers respect these.
We offer many of our services by phone. To avoid leaving your home, you can contact your local branch directly or call our contact centre on 0330 333 4000.
Our Contact Centre will also be open between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am – 1pm, Saturday
- We ask for your support in helping us support our most vulnerable Members, therefore if you are calling to request a mortgage payment holiday, please complete this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Thank you for your ongoing support in this challenging time, and please keep safe.
Incoming and Outgoing Mail:
Our Registry colleagues are working hard to ensure our mail is distributed across the business, however due to the current working restrictions, there may be some small delays in service as we continue to experience high volumes of mail and requests. Please be assured we are working hard to process any requests and to keep you updated.
Royal Mail are also making some temporary changes to postal services which may cause some delays in the delivery of some items.
For updates to Royal Mail’s service, please visit: www.royalmail.com/coronavirus
Our branch opening hours:
- Weekdays: 9.30am - 1.30pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Our contact centre opening hours:
- Weekdays: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Saturday: 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Llandeilo branch will open 10:00am to 1:30pm on weekdays
- Llanishen and Maesteg branches will be closed until Tuesday 26th May
- Our branch network and contact centre will be closed on Monday 25th May for the Spring bank holiday
The following branches and agencies are currently closed - we apologise for the inconvenience:
Newcastle Emlyn agency
St Davids (Cardiff) branch
- Closed - please use nearby Queen Street (Cardiff) branch
Talbot Green agency
- 6th largest UK building society
- A mutual building society, owned by and run for the benefit of our 500,000 members
- Over 160 years' experience
- Taking care of over £10 billion of our customers' assets
- Members can access a Member Rewards page featuring competitions, discounts and more.
We can help
Whatever the problem, we are here to help. If you find yourself having trouble managing your financial affairs, all issues will be resolved as quickly as possible and we are on hand throughout to help. Please don’t ignore the problem. See more here.
Principality. Where home matters.