Variable Rate Cash ISA
Our Variable Rate Cash ISA may be right for you if you want to save when it suits you, and like the comfort of knowing you can take money out whenever you need to.
|Interest rate||Balance||Tax-free^ each year||AER†|
|Variable||£1 - £20,000||0.45%||0.45%|
- Open this ISA in branch or at an agency
- Pay in from £1 to £20,000 in the current tax year
- Transfer in existing ISAs
- Interest is paid each year on 6th April
- Take money out whenever you need to
- Enjoy the benefit of this being a flexible ISA
- You can close or transfer this ISA at any time
- We can stop accepting applications at any time
- Summary Box
- Calculate your savings
- Help & guidance
|What is the interest rate?||0.45% Tax-free^ each year / AER† (Variable)
(See the meanings of ‘Tax-free’ and ‘AER’ at the bottom of this page).
Interest is calculated each day on the money in the account and paid on 6th April every year.
|Can Principality change the interest rates?||
|What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?||£1,004.50
This is based on no further money being put in or taken out of the account and no change to the interest rate.
|How do I open and manage my account?||
|Can I withdraw money?||
- The results displayed were dependent on the information you provided and are for illustrative purposes only and are by no means an indication of being suitable for your individual circumstances.
- The calculations assume interest is paid gross* of income tax on the entire balance on an annual basis
- It has been assumed that no withdrawals or additional deposits would be made from the account during the saving duration, and that the interest rate also remains the same during this time (note that interest rates on variable rate savings account are subject to change, and when fixed rate deals end, there is no guarantee that the same rate will be available in the future).
Before you apply, please read the Variable Rate Cash ISA Terms & Conditions
You can only invest in one Cash ISA per tax year.
Please also read the following:
- Basic information about the protection of your eligible deposits
- Electronic Verification Guide
- Tariff of Charges
- Your Information
Putting money into your savings account Once you've opened your savings account, for most accounts you should pay money in within 5 business days. Click here for information on how you can do that.
- 6th largest UK building society
- A mutual building society, owned by and run for the benefit of our 500,000 members
- Over 160 years experience
- Taking care of over £10 billion of our customers' assets
- Members can access a Member Rewards page featuring competitions, discounts and more.
We are covered by the FSCS
Find out more about what it means for you.