Thank You Online Saver
Our Thank You Online Saver has been designed to acknowledge the crucial role played by NHS workers and to thank them for their ongoing support within our communities.
|Interest rate||Balance||Gross* p.a.||AER†|
|Variable||£1 - £20,000||1.65%||1.65%|
- You must be employed directly by the NHS and reside in one of the following postcode areas: LL, SY, LD, SA, CF, NP, HR and CH 1 to 8 to open this account.
- Open online
- This account can only be opened in your own name and cannot be held jointly with someone else.
- Save up to £250 a month
- Minimum balance £1
- Maximum balance £20,000
- Three withdrawals permitted per calendar year
- The offer is limited to one account per customer.
- Summary box
- Calculate your savings
- Help & guidance
|Account Name||Thank You Online Saver|
|What is the interest rate?||1.65% Gross* p.a. / AER† (Variable)
Interest is calculated on your daily balance and paid annually on 1st January every year.
|Can Principality change the interest rate?||Yes, variable account rates could increase or decrease.
Customers will be given personal notification of any material reduction in interest rates a minimum of 14 days before the change takes effect. To understand why rates may be reduced please refer to conditions 74-80 of our Savings Terms and Conditions.
|What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £3,000 deposit?||£3,026.81 (based on the assumption of 12 monthly deposits of £250, the first being made on the date the account was opened and the remaining 11 on the same day each following calendar month, that no withdrawals are made and the rate does not change)|
|How do I open and manage my account?||
|Can I withdraw money?||Yes, you can make three withdrawals per calendar year, subject to the minimum balance.
Closure is permitted and will count as a withdrawal, so if you have made three withdrawals in the calendar year you will have to wait until the next calendar year to close the account unless there has been a material reduction in the interest rate.
- The results displayed were dependent on the information you provided and are for illustrative purposes only and are by no means an indication of being suitable for your individual circumstances.
- The calculations assume interest is paid gross* of income tax on the entire balance on an annual basis
- It has been assumed that no withdrawals or additional deposits would be made from the account during the saving duration, and that the interest rate also remains the same during this time (note that interest rates on variable rate savings account are subject to change, and when fixed rate deals end, there is no guarantee that the same rate will be available in the future).
Before you apply, please read the Thank You Online Saver Account Terms & Conditions
- Savings Terms and Conditions
- Thank You Online Saver Account Terms and Product Summary Information
Please also read the following:
- Basic information about the protection of your eligible deposits
- Electronic Verification Guide
- Tariff of Charges
- Your Information
Putting money into your savings account Once you've opened your savings account, for most accounts you should pay money in within 5 business days. Click here for information on how you can do that.
- 6th largest UK building society
- A mutual building society, owned by and run for the benefit of our 500,000 members
- Over 150 years experience
- Taking care of over £8 billion of our customers' assets
We are covered by the FSCS
Find out more about what it means for you.