Extra security to help Keep you safe
Strong Customer Authentication
At Principality, we're committed to making sure you stay safe when using our online service, Your Account.
All UK banks and building societies are carrying out extra security checks to help keep you safe when managing your finances online.
It’s called Strong Customer Authentication, or SCA for short. SCA is designed to help us all fight fraud and improve the security of online payments.
The process, to make sure it’s really you, is known as two-factor authentication. Two of three categories below must be used to do this.
Principality’s SCA solution uses the first two categories when you log in to Your Account and when you move money to your linked account.
- Something you know e.g. a strong password. Strong passwords are an essential part of online safety and should have 10 or more characters, including capital letters, symbols and numbers.
- Customers already signed up to Your Account, may be asked to change their password to a stronger password next time they log in or apply for a savings account.
- New customers will create their strong password and select a memorable word, just in case they forget their password, as part of signing up to Your Account.
- As part of the Your Account login, we’ll send a passcode to your mobile phone, so it’s important we’ve got the right number and that your phone is not shared with someone else. If we don’t have your current mobile number, we can’t send you a passcode and you won’t be able to log in.
We’ll continue to review our online security to help keep you safe whilst using Your Account, so please pop back to this page for the latest updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- the log in to our new Your Account, and
- moving money to your linked account.
You’ll need a one time passcode (OTP) to complete both.
If you’re a Principality customer registered for our online service Your Account, we’ll need your current mobile.
As part of the log in for the new Your Account, we’ll send a passcode to your mobile, so it’s important we’ve got the right number for you.
We’ll be in touch to ask you to provide your current mobile or check that the number we have for you is correct. If you’re a Principality customer who hasn’t registered for our online service, you don’t need to do anything now. If you decide to register for Your Account later, we’ll need your current mobile number.
If you don’t have a mobile number or haven’t got a mobile signal, you won’t be able to log in to the new Your Account. Don’t worry you can still call us to manage your account.
If you have an online only savings account*, you can call us to continue to manage your account.
*An online only savings account is opened online and managed by using our online service Your Account.
If you have another type of account, you can also visit a local branch or post a request to us.
We will continue to review our solutions to meet the requirements of the SCA regulations.
You can call us to provide your current mobile number.
Principality. Where home matters.