Moving home? We would love to come too
Whether making some more room for your family or downsizing, we can help you along this exciting new step in your journey. Moving home and keeping your mortgage deal is called Porting.
What do you need to do?
Most of our mortgage deals, along with your address are "portable", we can therefore help you and reduce the stress of moving.
If you need a bigger mortgage then you can top up your current mortgage and we will help you find the most suitable deal. However if you are downsizing your home and need to reduce your mortgage, then the early repayment charge may be applied. Have a look at our portability rules for more info.
To port your mortgage deal, use the links below to speak to one of our advisors,
In order to port your mortgage an initial appointment with our advisors is required and may take up to half an hour and you will need:
- Details of you income with payslips or if you are self-employed, three years of accounts
- Details of any outstanding financial commitments, e.g. credit cards or car finance
Are you protected Don't forget about home insurance, check our offering with L&G
Why stay with Principality?
- 6th largest UK building society
- A mutual building society, owned by and run for the benefit of our 500,000 members
- Over 150 years experience
- Taking care of over £8 billion of our customers' assets
- Members can access a Member Rewards page featuring competitions, discounts and more.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE