Need a little extra? If you want to borrow a little more on top of your residential or buy-to-let mortgage, we can try to help make it happen. Whether you want to make home improvements, buy your freehold title, or need the money for something else.
If you have a mortgage with us and would like to borrow more, you’ll need to discuss this with us and go through an application process.
Things to know about borrowing more
- The additional borrowing will be secured against your property
- When your additional borrowing is combined with your existing mortgage, the total amount cannot exceed a set loan to value (LTV) threshold. Thresholds are 90% LTV for residential properties and 75% LTV for Buy To Let or Holiday Let properties.
- The minimum term is 2 years and maximum term is 40 years
- No additional borrowing can be considered for at least 3 months from the start of your mortgage
- You cannot borrow more if you are in arrears
- You must be able to demonstrate a satisfactory payment history
- Applications for additional borrowing are subject to the LTV and must meet our current lending requirements
About your appointment
Your appointment will take up to an hour, and you will need:
- Details of your income with payslips, or if you're self-employed you will need two years of accounts
- Details of any outstanding financial commitments e.g. credit cards or car finance
An advisor will assess your information to make sure you meet our lending criteria and that we can lend you more.
Once we complete your application, and confirm we are able to help, it can take a few weeks to receive your money and timings can vary depending on your circumstances.
We will keep you informed and you can contact us if you need an update.