Principality Home Insurance provided and underwritten by Legal & General 

Help protect your home

✔ Your Legal & General claims manager will support you through the process to put things right
✔ Choose from two policies
✔ New for old contents cover (except for clothing more than 2 years old)
✔ The Legal & General claims line is based in the UK and is available all day, every day of the year

Product overview

We've teamed up with Legal & General, an insurer that's been protecting homes from over 90 years, to bring you two home insurance policies you can trust, Your Home Cover and Your Home Cover Plus. Each policy has a different level of cover, the tables below offer an overview of the cover provided, however for full details please see the policy documents which can be found in the Policy Documents tab. Depending on your needs you are able to take out joint building and contents insurance or single cover.

Buildings cover

What does buildings cover include?

  Your Home Cover Your Home Cover Plus
Minimum Policy Excess £150 £100
Accidental Breakage to underground pipes and cables Included Included
Accidental Breakage of fixed glass and sanitary-ware Additional option available Included
Extended Accidental Damage for buildings Additional option available Additional option available
Loss of Rent and Alternative Accomodation Up to £25000 Up to £50000
Trace and Access Not included Up to £5000
Loss or Theft of keys Up to £500 Up to £750
Home Emergency Cover Included as Standard Included as Standard
Contents cover

What does contents cover include?

  Your Home Cover Your Home Cover Plus
Minimum Policy Excess £150 £100
Accidental Damage for TV, video, audio visual items Additional option available Included
Accidental Breakage of fixed glass items Additional option available Included
Extended Accidental Damage for contents Additional option available Additional option available
High Risk Items Up to 20% of your contents sum insured Up to 33% of your contents sum insured (a minimum of £14000)
Personal Money (in the home) Up to £100 Up to £500
Freezer Contents Not included Up to £1000
Theft from Outbuildings Up to £1000 10% of sum insured £5000 minimum
Contents in the Garden Not included Up to £1000
Credit Cards Not included Up to £5000
Pedal Cycles in the Home Not included Up to contents sum insured
Making a claim

Making a claim if you took out a Your Home Cover

If you do need to make a claim, please call Legal & General, who provide the Your Home Cover or Your Home Cover Plus Home Insurance policy, on 0370 060 0419.

The claims team you deal with is based in the UK and is there to support you throughout the claim.

Legal & General will provide you with a personal claims manager to see your claim through from beginning to end and will be there to answer your questions and to give you the information you need to help make your claim as straightforward and hassle-free as possible.

Lines are open 8am-6pm Monday - Friday and 9am-5pm Saturdays. For emergencies lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We know that every home is different, which is why we've made it easy to adjust your home insurance to suit you. Simply pick from these optional extras:

  • Extended accidental damage - Get cover against accidents like putting your foot through the ceiling when you're in the loft, or spilling paint on your carpet. It's available for both your building and contents cover.
  • Family legal protection - Family legal protection cover is administered by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Co Ltd. If you or a family member living in your home are facing solicitor or court costs from pursuing or defending certain legal claims, cover can be provided up to £50,000.
  • Personal possessions - You can get cover in and away from the home for lost, stolen or damaged items such as tablets, laptops, mobile phones, jewellery and pedal cycles. 

Click below to get a quote online or pop in to your local branch to have a chat with one of our helpful customer consultants.

Limitations and exclusions apply.

As with most home insurance our policies don't cover loss or damage to your home or contents due to maintenance, wear and tear or damage that happens gradually over time. There is also a compulsory excess on each claim of £100 for Your Home Cover Plus policies or £150 for Your Home Cover policies (or £250 for escape of water claims and in the event of subsidence, heave or landslip, the first £1,000) plus any voluntary excess if you choose it. Other limitations and exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions please refer to the policy summaries and policy booklets.

  • 6th largest UK building society
  • A mutual building society, owned by and run for the benefit of our 500,000 members
  • Over 160 years' experience
  • Taking care of over £10 billion of our customers' assets
  • Members can access a Member Rewards page featuring competitions, discounts and more.