Last updated 17/02/2023
Ready to save for your first home? Use our calculator to work out how much you need to save to get your deposit.
Your deposit typically needs to be at least 5% of the total value of the home, though you might need to save as much as 10% or 15%, depending on what mortgages are available. Remember, the larger your deposit, the higher your chances of accessing better mortgage deals.