• allow our website to work properly, and help keep it secure
• make our website easier to use by remembering you
• improve your experience by showing you information that's relevant to you
• help us to understand how people use our website
About this policy
This policy explains what cookies are, why we use them and what we use them for, and contains details of the cookies used on this website. We have also provided information about how you can manage cookies.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are short strings of text that are sent from a web server to your web browser memory when you visit a particular website. The cookie is stored on your computer but it is not an executable program and cannot damage your hardware or software.
There are many different types of cookie, including:
Session Cookies These are temporary cookie files that are deleted when you close your internet browser. This means these cookies will not be remembered on your next visit. We use these cookies for personalised mortgages and savings calculations on our website.
Persistent Cookies These are cookies which stay in your browser until you either choose to delete them or they expire. These cookies can have an expiry date of up to 5 years.
More information about cookies can be found at All About Cookies.
Cookies help us to collect information from you which we can use when you visit or use our website again. In this way, we can give you personalised information and you can gain access to your calculations, accounts and carry out transactions.
• To monitor how our customers use our website, which help us make changes to improve your website experience
• To remember your language preference throughout your visit and on returning visits to our site
• To collect demographic information and visitor statistics which enable us to improve the content and structure of our website
• To collect data on viewed pages and suggest other pages/products that may be of interest
• To customise content and advertising on social media
• We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners
Some of the cookies we use collect information anonymously (so that we cannot identify you). However, other cookies do collect personal information which may be used to identify you, such as IP addresses. More details about how we use personal information about you is contained in our privacy notice.
Useful Related Links
Questions & Comments
- If you have any questions or comments, or want more information, you can Contact Us or you can contact our Data Protection Officer as follows. Email: DPO@principality.co.uk Post: Principality Data Protection Officer, Principality Building Society, PO Box 89, Principality Buildings, Queen Street, Cardiff,CF10 1UA
*By clicking on the links you will leave the Principality website - Principality is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Principality. Where home matters.