Healthy habits that pay off
A half marathon and saving have a lot in common. It can be tough to get going, but every small step is a move in the right direction.
That's why we're sponsoring the Principality Cardiff Half Marathon, to help you build healthy habits for saving.
We're also giving away £24,207 to one lucky winner
To celebrate our new partnership with the Principality Cardiff Half Marathon, we’re giving away £24,207 to one lucky first-time buyer.
That’s a funny number, isn’t it? Well, it’s 10% of the average house price in Wales according to our latest House Price Index.
Enter the competition now – it’s for first-time buyers to help you get a home to call your own.
Plus, if you’re running the half, enter the competition and we’ll give you a bonus go – double the chance to win as a reward for those weary legs.
This competition is closed
Thank you for taking part in our First Time Buyer Competition.
The competition has now closed, and we are selecting a winner.
We will contact the lucky winner directly.
†Principality – First Time Buyer Competition 2023 – Terms & Conditions
- To enter, participants must:
- Be aged 18 or over;
- Be a First Time Buyer (i.e. must not have previously purchased, owned or inherited a property, including a joint purchase with someone else, or have had a mortgage including a joint mortgage with someone else, and must not currently have a mortgage with any lender or own a property either in their own name or jointly with someone else);
- Reside in England or Wales; and
- Answer the question correctly and provide your contact details on the entry form above (including your full name, date of birth, contact telephone number, email address and Cardiff Half Marathon 2023 running number (if applicable)).
- Consent to be contacted by email by the Promoter regarding its promotions relevant to First Time Buyers.
- Participants who have answered the question correctly and completed all the requirements above correctly, will be entered into the prize draw. The Promoter may undertake a credit check against them using Experian if they are randomly drawn to confirm that they are a First Time Buyer (see Conditions 7 and 8 below).
- This competition is not open to the Promoter’s employees, agency staff, or their immediate families. No purchase is necessary; entry is free.
- Only one (1) entry per person unless condition 5 applies. If entrants enter more than once (other than condition 5 below), only their first entry will be accepted. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
- If you are participating in the Cardiff Half Marathon 2023, which will take place on 1 October 2023, please add your running number to the entry form and your entry to the prize draw will count as two entries. The Promoter will check your running number correlates to the name on the entry form with the Cardiff Half Marathon.
- This prize draw is open from 11 September 2023 until 27 October 2023 (inclusive) based on GMT.
- The Promoter will randomly select the Winner from all eligible entries using a random number generator on 01 November 2023.
- Before notifying the proposed Winner that they have won, the Promoter may request a soft credit check (“credit check”) against them. If required, the Promoter will email the proposed Winner for consent to request a credit check and obtain the following information to complete this; full name (including any previous name(s)), date of birth, three years address history, gender, marital status and nationality. The proposed Winner must respond to the Promoter’s email within two full working days from the date of the Promoter’s notification. The Promoter may disqualify the proposed Winner from this Competition and select another proposed Winner from the remaining eligible entrants in accordance with the above if:
- The proposed Winner does not provide the additional information (as above); or
- The credit check confirms that the proposed Winner currently has a mortgage (or previously had a mortgage).
- Once the proposed Winner has successfully passed the credit check stage, the Promoter will contact the Winner by either; the contact number and/or email stated on the entry form that they completed when they entered the competition to confirm they have won. The Promoter will attempt to contact the Winner on three separate occasions by at least two different methods i.e. phone/email.
- The Winner will have 7 days from the date of the Promoter’s last notification to accept the Prize. If there is no such acceptance, another proposed Winner may be redrawn from the remaining eligible entries (in accordance with the above) until the Prize has been allocated. These same terms and conditions will apply to such alternative Winner(s) as applied to the original Winner, save that the Promoter may apply a shorter acceptance period.
- One Winner will win £24,207.00 to be used for a deposit on their first home (to be paid in full or towards a deposit). This amount is based on 10% of the average house price in Wales according to the House Price Index (“HPI”) data in July 2023, which can be found here.
- The Prize will be paid to the Winner either by bank transfer to a UK bank account held in the name of the Winner or by cheque made payable to the Winner after a successful credit check (see Condition 8) and acceptance (see Condition 10). The Prize will be paid to the Winner within 30 days from the date of acceptance.
- The Promoter cannot pay the Prize into an account or write a cheque made payable to someone other than the Winner’s account or name.
- The Promoter may wish to feature the Winner in promotional activity, the times and dates will be arranged between the Promoter and the Winner.
- If the Winner would like to post and tag @PrincipalityBS on their social media account following receipt of their Prize, they must first seek approval from the Promoter by email on Rebecca.Allard@Principality.co.uk before doing so. The Promoter will review the draft post and respond to the Winner in 5 days.
- The Prize must be accepted as offered and other alternative is available.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if the Winner gives the Promoter incorrect information and the Promoter is unable to pay the Prize to them or if the Winner’s Bank does not credit the Prize in full to their account. If the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner has not used the Prize to pay their deposit in full, the Promoter may consider legal action to recover the Prize from the Winner.
- Except where prevented by law, the Winner’s surname and County may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Principality First Time Buyer Competition 2023 at the address below or by e-mail to Rebecca.Allard@Principality.co.uk. All entrants agree that their surname and County may be so disclosed. Entrants shall inform the Promoter if they object to such disclosure.
- It is the Winner’s responsibility to pay any legal (or other associated fees) when buying their first home and the Promoter takes no responsibly if the Winner is not successful in applying for a mortgage.
- The Winner should consider whether there are any tax implications applicable to them in receiving the Prize and the Promoter cannot provide any advice in this regard.
- The Winner cannot sell, pass on, or donate for fundraising or other purposes, their Prize to anyone else under any circumstances. If the Winner chooses not to use the Prize towards a house deposit or no longer wishes to receive the Prize, the Winner must inform the Promoter and return the Prize by a method to be agreed by the Promoter. The Promoter may reallocate the Prize in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- By entering this promotion, you will be accepting these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to eliminate or disqualify any entries that, in its sole opinion, it regards as being in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter may wish to feature participants and their entries in reasonable publicity/promotional activity including but not limited to the Promoter’s website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. By entering, all entrants agree to this.
- The Promoter does not take any responsibility for lost, damaged, corrupt or undelivered entries or any delays outside of the Promoter’s control when arranging for the funds to be transferred/deposited. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- It is the Winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have a UK bank or building society account in their own name and to provide the Promoter with the correct details. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any charges or fees levied by the Winner’s bank or building society for having the Prize transferred in or out of their account.
- The Promoter reserves the right to delete or remove any entries that, in its sole opinion, are inappropriate, illegal, threatening, abusive, offensive or defamatory, or breach social media rules and that entry will be disqualified.
- The decision of the Promoter is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- This competition is governed by the laws of England and Wales, and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Promoter: Principality Building Society, Principality House, The Friary, Cardiff, CF10 3FA. Principality Building Society is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority, reference number 155998.
- This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated in any other way with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or any other third party site (the “Social Media Platforms”). Terms and conditions of use for each of the Social Media Platforms will apply (please check the relevant websites for further details). By entering, you agree to all terms and conditions of the site provider. The Promoter has no control over the content or administration of these sites, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the sites, their content or administration. You also agree to release the Social Media Platforms from liability connected to this competition and address any complaint about it direct to the Promoter.
How to enter and eligibility
Selecting a Winner
After you have won
General Terms and Conditions – i.e. the “Legal Stuff”