Home Insurance Guide

What is home insurance?

In simple terms, Home Insurance protects your home. This insurance is in the form of buildings insurance that covers the actual “bricks and mortar” of your property, and contents insurance that protects your belongings from loss and damage.

Why do I need buildings insurance?

Few, if any, material possessions in life are more important than the roof over our heads and the belongings we treasure. If you are borrowing from a mortgage lender, you’ll usually be required to take out adequate buildings insurance because lenders want to protect themselves if the property is damaged or destroyed.

What does buildings insurance cover?

Buildings insurance generally covers against damage from things like storm and flood, fire and subsidence. It also covers permanent fixtures and fittings in the property, like the bathroom suite, kitchen, fitted wardrobes and decoration, but you should always check your policy schedule carefully so that you know exactly what is and isn't covered.

Why do I need contents insurance?

Most people don’t realise the value of the contents within their home until something happens. It’s important to ensure that your contents are properly protected, or you risk the cost of replacing these items, should loss or damage occur.

Get a quote today:

Get an LV= SmartQuote

Call a home insurance specialist on 0330 433 9805

Book an appointment at your nearest branch